The state of Florida is fortunate to be the training ground and home of numerous great swimmers, coaches, and teams. Year after year we see great moments happen on the local state and national level. As we’re gearing up for an Olympic year, 2015 has seen some phenomenal moments. While many other incredible things happened, we’ve narrowed them down to our top 15.
This list will update as we count them down. Check back often.
1. Gator Men Three-peat as SEC Champs
2. Junior Nats East! Bolles men win, Gator Swim Club girls dominate, Pine Crest, Azura, and other teams fare well!
3. New head coach Brent Arckey leads SYS to a national championship.
4. NCAA Titles won by Swimmers from Florida: Caeleb Dressel, Joseph Schooling, and Ryan Murphy
5. Numerous Swimmers from Florida Medal at the XVII Pan American Games
6. Bobby Finke winning the Junior Nationals Open Water 5k
7. Swim Fort Lauderdale Masters Defends National Championship
8. The High School State Championships – Plus the Mythical Winners!
9. Florida has well over 100 Olympic Trial Qualifiers as of August 2015
10. Florida Swimmers Rooney, Katz Take Medals On Final Day Of FINA World Junior Championships
11. Dan Wallace Wins Gold; Ryan Lochte Silver at XVI World Championships
12. Bolles School Alum Joseph Schooling Makes History at XVI World Championships
13. National Age Group Records: Florida swimmers have 4 fastest of all time
14. 128 New Records Set by Florida Gold Coast
15. 136 New Florida Swimming Records Set this Year