Lynn Swimming Sinks Tars to Set Program Record
By Chad Beattie
Winter Park, Fla. – Lynn University’s women’s swimming team defeated Rollins 115-90 on Saturday afternoon, setting a program record with its third meet victory of the season. The Fighting Knights won nine individual events and split the two relay competitions.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Location: Alfond Swimming Pool | Winter Park, Fla.
How it Happened:
- Lynn took the opening event, the 200 medley relay with a time of 1:52:05, and never looked back.
- Thalie Carmigniani claimed a whopping 37-second victory in the 10000 freestyle with a time of 10:38.30, with Hannah Walsh (11:53.06) and Alanna Carey (12:00.75) also taking part.
- Catalina Berraud Galea (1:59.04) struck gold in the 200 free ahead of teammate Tieri Erasito (2:02.64) who finished third.
- Megan Carlson (2:13.58) and Desiree Priemayr (2:17.04) finished one-two in the 200 individual medley with Valerie Samaniego putting in a time of 2:37.40.
- The Fighting Knights took first and second for the second consecutive event, with Rebecca Matthews (58.55) and Erasito (59.77) leading the pack in the 100 butterfly.
- Carlson claimed her second event victory with a time of 55.21 in the 100 free while Kasey Swartley timed in at 58.15.
- The Blue & White ended the meet by winning the final three events: Carmigniani with a time of 1:00.09 in the 100 backstroke, Berraud-Galea (5:12.87) in the 500 free and Matthews (1:06.01) in the 100 breaststroke.
Beyond the Boxscore:
- Lynn failed to record an NCAA ‘A’ or ‘B’ cut time for the first time this year.
- Rebecca Matthews improved to 12-0 in competition this season.
- Megan Carlson has claimed at least two event victories in consecutive meets.
Lynn ends the regular season with a tri-meet against Florida Tech and Saint Leo in Melbourne, Fla., on Friday, Jan. 22.
Don’t Miss: College SwimDay – January 23rd before the Auburn Swimming vs Florida Swimming dual meet! Join us here!
Florida Swim Network